Simple Quiz -- can we do this?

1 year 2 months ago #1 by Finn Christensen
Simple Quiz -- can we do this? was created by Finn Christensen
We have a long list of questions (about 160 questions) and some of the questions are mandatory questions
We would like to create a quiz where 20 questions are randomly used, but we want to make sure that not ALL questions are taken from "mandatory", so people may end up having 20 mandatory question........ It should make 20 question and then only 5 of them from the mandatory questions-pool...........
Is that possible and if yes, then how do we set it up?

Or is it possible to create 2 "caterories" and then let Simple Quiz combine random from the 2 categories, so we get 15 "standard question" and 5 mandatory question = 20 questions in total?

Thanks
Finn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #2 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Simple Quiz -- can we do this?
Hello Finn and thank you for posting!
Your question is very well explained.

At the moment, all questions of a Quiz are used, so if you have, for example, 130 non-mandatory questions and 30 mandatory questions, and a quiz of 20 random questions, you may end up with a quiz that is all mandatory questions or a quiz that contains exclusively non-mandatory questions.

I cannot imagine of an easy (non-customized) way to achieve what you describe.
Would you like to provide some additional context, in order to see if there's another way to achieve the same or similar result?
I mean: Why is it necessary to have only some mandatory questions? Are they harder? Are they more important than the rest?

Thanks again!

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

1 year 2 months ago #3 by Finn Christensen
Replied by Finn Christensen on topic Simple Quiz -- can we do this?
We need this because the users that takes our test are forced by law to take a test of min 20 questions, and the law for this test is, that at least 5 are mandatory questions.
Some of the non-madatory questions are easier yes :)

Do you think you can make it as a custom job, and what would the price be?
Actually we might get many more questions in both "categories" in the future, but we need to have the system provide a test, where a specific number of questions from each "category" is chosen ranomly, and where they get a defined number of questions from each of the 2 categories....

So setup of all questions with answers will be as it is now - we just need to get extended use of the use of "mandatory" on some of the questions :)

Do you understand what I mean?

Thanks
Finn

1 year 2 months ago #4 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Simple Quiz -- can we do this?
Sure, I understand.
I believe we can implement this by adding a "Mandatory Question Count" field below the existing "Random Question Count".
This field could force the quiz to load a specific amount of mandatory questions every time, and get the rest out of the non-mandatory ones.

Please send me an email at mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com and I will gladly send you a quote.
Thanks again!

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

Moderators: Christopher Mavros