Not Displaying in Zoo Pages App?

10 months 5 days ago #1 by Aaron B
So I'm using the Pages App inside of Zoo. Now on my website I already use the My Shortlist as a Queue for Full Episodes on my site and they display no issues inside of the Movie Database App of Zoo. However thru my Localhost (Mamp Pro), I'm trying to also test displaying the Add To Favorites button on our actual Pages so shows can be added instead of episodes.
They way I'm trying to do it is by loading the module into the text on each Zoo item.
{loadposition favs-shows}
But it refuses to display. I mess around with it and it will show the selected list & add list but not the Add To Favorites button. Does it have something to do with Widgetkit being used on the page? I don't use Widgetkit on the Full Episodes pages where it loads. Is there a way to force it to load on these other pages. Or something that will be addressed in a future update.

UPDATE: I've even tried loading it as a module on the page outside of Zoo and it will not display and does not load the JS file at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 5 days ago #2 by Christopher Mavros
Hello Aaron and thank you for posting.

Unfortunately, what you want is a little more complicated than just showing the module. MyShortlist only shows the add button for known component items, and I'm not sure that the location you are loading it is known for it.

Can you send me an email with more details and a URL where I can see it? Ideally, a temporary administrator account would also help me understand the structure better.

Thanks again.

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
Serving the Joomla! community with extensions since 2008.

10 months 2 days ago #3 by Aaron B
Right now it's only on my Localhost, once I put it live, I'll send over those details, but I even tried a module on page by itself and it won't display on any page where Widgetkit is displayed. And I'm trying it on a Zoo page. I also tried it on an article page and won't display either when Widgetkit items are displayed.
If it helps I'm using JA Purity iii template. The only place I can get My Shortlist to display is on my Zoo Pages that use the Movie Database app and there is no Widgetkit. When I check View Page Source you can see the JS file loads properly.
I know the extension supports Zoo Items so it's definitely a conflict with Widgetkit and hopefully can be fixed in the future.

Other bug I noticed on new version is when your template loads bootstrap or font awesome, you may want to put a warning to make sure you turn off the external library switch in the modules because it messes up the site.

2 months 2 weeks ago #4 by Aaron B
Still having this issue. I can't really make it on my live site tho, I work all my testing inside of localhost. But I'm gonna try to explain the issue again.
https://yootheme.com/zoo If you scroll down it shows the apps or catalogs as Yootheme calls it. We use the Movie Database and Pages. The module displays no issues in the Movie Database but will not display in the Pages app/catalog. But it's part of Zoo.
I don't know if it's Widgetkit causing the issue as I have WidgetKits displayed on the Pages App pages and not on the Movie Database pages where the module does display correctly. I really hope this is something that is looked into & possibly fixed.
The reason is that I use the Pages items for the mina page of our shows, this is for a Online TV Network website. The Movie Database pages are for the Full episodes. I use the My Shortlist component for users to add the items to their Queue, which works great. Right now they can only add each episode to their Queue. I want to switch it to where they can add Shows to their Queue, which is why I want it to work in the Pages items through Zoo.

2 months 1 week ago #5 by Christopher Mavros
Hi again Aaron.
Thank you for posting.

Unfortunately, there is little we can do, since we have no access to the site and cannot replicate the issue. If the module is not visible altogether, then there is an issue with including the module to the Pages section.

The best way to use MyShortlist is to use a template position. However, if you are including the module the same way in both sections and it only shows in one of them, maybe you should check the Menu Assignments of the Module in the Edit Module page.
That's pretty much all I can think of, without seeing the website.

If you want, maybe you can send me by email the HTML of the front-end page that shows the module and the HTML of the page that doesn't, so that I compare and see if the module is loaded or not. But again, if it is not loaded, this is something more related to ZOO or Joomla, than MyShortlist.

Thanks again. I hope this message helps.

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
Serving the Joomla! community with extensions since 2008.

Moderators: Christopher Mavros