add an informational message: "this event has been removed, please delete ...

6 months 3 weeks ago #13 by MIrko
Hello, let me explain why it is my need.
I have a web page where are listed discount products from several shops. Every product on discount is basically an article with image, price and date. Every product on a discount I entered manually.
When some product (example; a bottle of milk) is not on a discount any more I temporary disable article. When that product (an example that milk I mention before) is on a discount again I change price and expiration date and enable article.
User can add, with your extension, a product what need to Favorites and when I enable that article/product he can see that his product is on discount.

Hope you understand me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 3 weeks ago #14 by Serge
Yes, MIrco, now I've got your idea.
First - you should use more correct words - you unpublish/publish an article, you do not "disable/enable".
Second - as I said before, IMHO - this is the specific request exactly for your project, not for common use.

So it's up to Christopher to decide whether implement such a feature or not.
Roughly - he needs to extend MySql query to request the state of an article - and depending on it's state mark it grey for 0 (unpublished) and usual color for 1 (published).
It's more like a kind for "custom work" for your specific needs.
It's too narrowed by a nature of your exact project, your visitors and Joomla articles only (because I'm not sure the same PHP/Mysql logic will work for K2 Items, K2 Categories, K2 Users, MosetsTree Items, SobiPro Items, ZOO Items, JEA Items, JoomGalaxy Items...etc etc etc)
...so, again, it's only up to Christopher to decide.

Best regards,
Serge

6 months 3 weeks ago #15 by Hervé
Hello,
We have different needs, but it would seem normal to automatically delete a favorite (article, event ...) if it is deleted. This seems to me the majority case. This is not an action to ask a member (especially if there are several)
Regards

6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #16 by Serge
I totally agree with Hervé.
Any admin is interested in a clean database without expired, deleted etc records. It's just a matter of optimization.
Max 1% of users will be deleting own expired records...and I'm very optimistic :lol: about 1%...
So admin must have a script to perform it in background without any special notices to users.
Expired record is just an expired record.
With all respect the request from MIrko is not about this kind of optimization,
Best regards,

6 months 3 weeks ago #17 by MIrko
Hi, maybe to satisfies all of us, if is possible, to add in, extension configuration, what to do with such articles (delete, notification ...) so admin can make a selection :)
Thanks

6 months 3 weeks ago #18 by Serge
Hi Mirco,
let's make a difference - the "self-cleaning" requested by me and Hervé is NOT A FEATURE, but necessary GENERAL IMPROVEMENT for MyShortlist to keep it's database clean from "orphan expired records" - and accordingly work faster with LIVE items.
At the moment the absence of such a function is a serious omission of MyShortlist what needs to be solved asap.
On the other hand your request, as we have argumented above - is exactly a narrow feature for your needs mainly.
For this kind of custom work you should apply to developer directly or open a separate post at this forum.
Best regards,
Serge

Moderators: Christopher Mavros