Delete icons location???

9 months 4 days ago #1 by Michael
Delete icons location??? was created by Michael
hi,

Love the My Shortlist plugin. One thing I have recently noticed is that the 'delete' icons seem to ignore the module's padding specifications. I have tried using all 3 of the 'layout templates' however it happens on each one.

See attached image.

Do you have any suggestions?

Also how would I go about changing the specifications of the share button and delete buttons?, i.e. change from default to secondary and default to small?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 months 4 days ago #2 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Delete icons location???
Hello Mike and thank you for posting!
I'm glad you like MyShortlist!

Well, much of what you describe about padding is controlled from your template. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "module's padding specifications". Maybe a screenshot would help.

However, the solution to both problems is to create template overrides. A template override is a copy of a layout file of an extension, placed inside your template. Here's more information on how to achieve that: How to create template overrides

To customize the delete button, you need to override the file /modules/mod_myshortlist/tmpl/default_del_button.php.
To customize the looks of the other buttons, you need to override the file default.php and default_send_button.php.

Now, inside the file, you can simply change the classes of the buttons and add your own. For example, where it now says "btn_default", you can make it "btn_secondary" or "btn_sm".
Let me know if you need more help!

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Christopher Mavros