Redirect after subscription option

2 months 3 weeks ago #1 by Pablo
Redirect after subscription option was created by Pablo
You can set Redirect After Subscription option.

And you have a field to stablish a Confirm Redirect URL.

This can be done in component options and works fine.

In module advanced options has the Redirect After Subscription switch too. You can enable it.

But Custom Redirect Page option does nothing.

What I think this option does: override component configuration. Set the page URL where user goes just after confirm its subscription. Right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #2 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Redirect after subscription option
Hi again Pablo. Thanks for posting here.

I understand this can be a bit confusing, but it's reasonable if you think about it.
The module does not complete the subscription. It sends a confirmation message.
This option is only valid if someone subscribes through the module without the double opt-in feature.

So, if the double opt-in feature is enabled, the module returns a confirmation message.
If not, the module uses the Redirect options. If those are not set, it uses the component's equivalent.

This makes sense as a functionality, because some (probably most) users think of their redirection pages as "thank you for subscribing" pages, possibly with a gift, a coupon, etc.
We only want to provide such pages when someone has completed their subscription, which happens after clicking on the confirmation link.

Thanks again!

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

2 months 3 weeks ago #3 by Pablo
Replied by Pablo on topic Redirect after subscription option
I understand now, thank you!

Maybe we can specify this in module help texts.

The problem I see here is that, if you have double opt-in enabled, you only have one page where users finish when subscribing. Inclusive if they subscribe from different modules (in different site's pages or purposes).

If the option to redirect is in Mailing lists configuration (instead in component's global configuration), you can send subscriber to different pages after confirming depending where the user has subscribed.

What do you think?

2 months 3 weeks ago #4 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Redirect after subscription option

The problem I see here is that, if you have double opt-in enabled, you only have one page where users finish when subscribing. Inclusive if they subscribe from different modules (in different site's pages or purposes).

Okay, this made me remember the exact functionality. I apologize.
Each confirmation link produced contains information about the source it came from. These options apply, even if the double opt-in is enabled, but the redirection occurs when the confirmation link is clicked.
So, the options you specify in the modules or menu items affect the redirection page. However, the redirection only occurs when the subscription is completed.
If double opt-in is enabled, that means that the redirection happens when the user clicks the confirmation link. If not, then the redirection occurs when they fill in the module/menu item form.

Hope this helps.

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

2 months 3 weeks ago #5 by Pablo
Replied by Pablo on topic Redirect after subscription option
I specified a redirect link in module but subscriber doesn't finish there after click in link confirmation.

It seems it only works when I specify the link in component options.

Moderators: Christopher Mavros