Please Complete the Captcha ERROR

3 months 1 week ago #1 by Chris
Please Complete the Captcha ERROR was created by Chris
My subscribe module is generating a "Please Complete the Captcha" error when our users enter their name, email address and then press submit.   I have since changed the anti-spam option to just a question and answer.  Others have reported an "An Unexpected error occurred. please try again".

I am running the reCaptcha v3 plugin with a score level of .5 and non-strict mode.   My Joomla instance is 5.0.3 and my php version is 8.1.27.    Version of NS Pro is 3.2.2815.

Has ayone seen this behavior before?  

I do not believe i had any issues like this when I first installed it.  Also, and I apologize - I should know this, but I think there was an NS Pro update that I applied recently.

Thanks in advance for any information someone may have on this.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago #2 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Please Complete the Captcha ERROR
Hello Chris and thank you for posting.
Is this an invisible captcha? Do you have other forms in the same page that may be using the same captcha?
Is it the core recaptcha plugin? If yes, then I suppose you had Joomla 4 and upgraded to version 5? I am asking this because J5 does not ship with ReCaptcha anymore.

It was nice for a decade that we all had Google Recaptcha and it all worked well, but now it has been compromised in a number of cases and people are exploring other options, like hCaptcha and Cloudflare Turnstile, as well as Aimy's Captchaless Form Guard. NS Pro recently incorporated these as available options.

It is generally easier for us extension developers to work with visible captchas, because if you post the form and it needs to be reset, then I don't know what happens with invisible ones.
If you want to share a URL, you may attach it as a txt file or send it to me at me@mavrosxristoforos.com.

Thanks again!

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

3 months 1 week ago #3 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Please Complete the Captcha ERROR
Christopher,
Yes it is the invisible captcha and core plugin.  I had to build this site so quickly I can't recall if my provider installed Joomla 5 with the plugin or if I installed it myself.  I am getting back into extension development so much of this all new to me - especially in terms of the Joomla MVC implementation.

here is the URL:   https://swibl.org/

Everything under the "baseball" menu option is my extension ... the rest is default joomla or other functionality delivered like 3rd party extensions.

I was unaware of Google's recaptcha being compromised.  I will definitely look at hCaptcha or one of the other providers you reference below.  I am definitely not tied to using reCaptcha.

Chris

3 months 1 week ago #4 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Please Complete the Captcha ERROR
This may not be related, but I think you have the same form ID for both NS Pro modules in the same page. Can you please write another form ID?
It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's different. The upper right module worked fine for me. The bottom one didn't, but I suspect because of the form ID.

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

Moderators: Christopher Mavros