Missing smart text URL - email confirmation link

1 year 3 months ago #1 by Chris Paschen
It appears that an important smart text link is missing (or not listed anywhere that I can find).

If I create a Newsletter, with the Sending Schedule of 'Subscription Confirmation' it is sent to the subscriber in place of the system generated email confirmation email.
However, there doesn't appear to be any smart text to insert the confirmation link, so the user is never confirmed.

Is that code just missing from the documentation and smart text helps?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #2 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Missing smart text URL - email confirmation link
Hi again Chris and thank you for posting!

In all NS Pro administrator views, there is a button called "Help", which directs you to this help page . This is explained under section 1.3.1. Changing Texts, Layouts and Messages.

Here's a copy of the part that interests you:

Here are the Smart Texts you can use in custom Confirmation Messages:
  • {conf_host}: Your Site Name. Not really necessary. You can just write it as well.
  • {conf_link}: The link to the confirmation page. Usage: {conf_link}Your link text here.{/conf_link}
  • {conf_url}: The URL of the confirmation page.

Thanks again!

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

1 year 2 months ago #3 by Chris Paschen
Replied by Chris Paschen on topic Missing smart text URL - email confirmation link
Ahh thanks.
I had viewed that help page before, but because I was editing a newsletter, I clicked on the Smart Text Help link instead.
There seem to be multiple places where the smart text links are listed (Smart Text Help, Confirmation Smart Text Help, More Help, web site FAQ page), but they don't all have the same information.

And for SOME reason I missed that "Confirmation Smart Text Help" option just below the Smart Text Help link .

First, I'm a bit curious why the Confirmation Smart Text Help isn't included with the Smart Text Help screen.

Second, I'd suggest possibly consolidating all of the various help/documentation resources into one (that is searchable) as right now it's a bit of a challenge to find what you need on the various documents. Personally I prefer DocuWiki or something in Grav as it makes it much easier to find what you need. (DocuWiki is nice because you can easily export a PDF of the entire wiki).

Let me know if you'd be interested in me helping with that. I've done support documents for other Joomla extensions over the years and would love to help out IF that would be of help to you.

1 year 2 months ago #4 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Missing smart text URL - email confirmation link
Hi again Chris.
Thank you for your offer. Be my guest and suggest whatever you think can be done. As I said earlier, I am always open to suggestions that would improve my extensions.

The confirmation link smart text is not part of the smart texts that someone might use for newsletters in general, so to avoid confusion on what it is and why it isn't working on all newsletters, it has not been included in the smart text table. I see now that it could possibly be written in a separate line below, somehow.

Still, I would love to read your suggestions.
Thanks again!

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

Moderators: Christopher Mavros