Email not sending

3 years 3 months ago #1 by Ray
Email not sending was created by Ray
Hi,
my Rapid Contact Ex form has stopped sending. I can get it to send by disabling and re-enabling the module but then after sending once it gets stuck on the success message. After clearing cookies etc & reloading the page, or looking at the website on another PC, it still shows the success message.
To address the issue I updated to the latest version and uninstalled a couple of other extensions that I added recently but no luck. The site is running Joomla 3.8.8
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #2 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Email not sending
Hello Ray and thank you for posting.

This is a classic case of the form being cached. You need to either disable cache in the module advanced settings, or for the site in general.

If the form is included in an article, then Joomla saves it in the cache, and does not allow it to work properly. In that case, the form can't work with cache settings, at all.
You either have to use it in a normal module position, or in a menu item.

Thanks again

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #3 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic Email not sending
Hi,
I thought this had solved it but I spoke too soon!
The form is not sticking on the success message now, after disabling caching, but it is not sending the email to the recipient.
It is sending a copy to the sender, if I tick the option.
The form is in a module position & the recipient email is set the same as site general email.
Any ideas how I can find the problem?
Thanks,
Ray

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #4 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Email not sending
Hi again Ray!

How have you configured email sending? Inspite of any test emails working, SMTP is hands down the most reliable sending method. If it isn't configured with SMTP, please do configure it this way.

Regarding the styling issues you mentioned, we have updated our forms to comply with current standards (we no longer use <br/>, etc), so this may require some CSS to make it as it was before.

Thank you again.

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

3 years 3 months ago #5 by Ray
Hi Christopher,
it is set to SMTP. Any suggestions what else could be the problem?
By the way, I fixed the format issues using a bit of CSS and then I discovered the Field Manager/Options also.
Regards,
Ray

3 years 3 months ago #6 by Ray
Hi again,
the form still isn't sending to the recipient but It is sending a copy to the sender, if I tick the option.
The joomla site sends a test OK from the global/server page so it looks like SMTP is set up OK.
Regards,
Ray

Moderators: Christopher Mavros