Invisible reCaptcha failed, user cannot send the form again

7 months 3 weeks ago #7 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Invisible reCaptcha failed, user cannot send the form again
I see. Then you probably have two forms with the same form ID in a single page.
One of them gets submitted, but the other one fails, because the captcha response has already been consumed.
Can you check?

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago #8 by Jeremy
I did look in the options area under the menu item and there is only one ID in there, is that what you are referring to? I did have dashed in the name and I took those out so its just letters and it seemed to work, but after submitting it gives the Thank you Message for about 1 second and then cycles back to the form with everything still filled out. Is there away to redirect after the submit button is clicked to the home page of the website?

7 months 3 weeks ago #9 by Nathanael
I already did what you suggested before. I changed the text and even managed to add a refresh link that works with jQuery.
As you said the form input is lost and the user is confused

Suggestion:
You could save the form inputs in PHP session variables that re-fill the form after a page reload. 

7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #10 by Nathanael
By the way, I just realised I had an anti-spam test running on one of my websites for more than a year!
I disabled reCaptcha and made an anti-spam solution for RapidContact (NOT Ex-Version) myself.

It has been active since October 2020 and I did not get spam and the form works!

It's a really simple solution:
  • Activate "Anti-Spam Question" in RapidContact
  • Put in a complex string as the answer.
  • Create a jQuery function that puts pieces of this string together and puts it into the anti-spam-answer field when the user pushes the submit button.
  • Make the answer field invisible in CSS

jQuery Code

$(".rapid_contact.button").bind("touchstart mousedown",function(){
var k = "KKoh";
var i = ((10*10+22)*2);
var a = "as";
var p = "pjj"
var z = "WEUOw";
var setit = a+k+i+p+z;
$("[name=rp_anti_spam_answer]").val(setit);
});

CSS

[id$=_as_answer]{
visibility: hidden;
height: 0px !important;
}

7 months 3 weeks ago #11 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Invisible reCaptcha failed, user cannot send the form again
Nathanael, that is very interesting! Thanks for sharing this piece of code.
Yes, the PHP session solution would make sense for your case. If you want, we can discuss about its implementation via email.

Jeremy, yes, you can redirect the user after a successful sending of the form. It seems ackward that the form re-appears. I'd like to see that. Can you send me a URL at mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com?
Thanks again to both of you.

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

7 months 3 weeks ago #12 by Nathanael
If I can help you with a feedback via email just let me know. I just can‘t always reply instantly.

Moderators: Christopher Mavros