Php 8.1

2 months 3 weeks ago #1 by Jeff
Php 8.1 was created by Jeff
Hello, after switching from php 7.4 to php 8.1 it now returns the following error:
Call to undefined function PHPMailer\PHPMailer\escapeshellcmd()

Could you give me a pointer to what is going wrong?

Thanks

Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #2 by Jeff
Replied by Jeff on topic Php 8.1
Ah well guess this was just a waste of money, I've now bought another contact form.

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #3 by Christopher Mavros
Replied by Christopher Mavros on topic Php 8.1
Hello Jeff and thank you for posting.
I am currently out of office. I apologize for not being able to reply earlier. If you used the contact form, you would have received the auto reply that mentions that, since this was obviously an urgent matter.

PHPMailer is the system that Joomla uses to send emails. This error originates in PHPMailer. Rapid Contact Ex catches it and prints it so that you know that something went wrong with your mail.
I doubt that another extension works flawlessly when you get this error from Rapid Contact Ex, unless you had set something unusual in your settings and/or fields.

If you wish to look further into it, let me know.

Christopher Mavros
mavrosxristoforos@gmail.com
If you like our extensions, please rate us on the JED!

2 months 2 weeks ago #4 by REBECCA
Replied by REBECCA on topic Php 8.1
Jeff,

Sorry to hear you quit using Rapid Contact Ex. Definitely NOT a waste of your money. As a customer myself, I've been using this and other extensions from this developer for years and based on my experience it is one of the best contact form plugins. The support is also very responsive. Hope you give it another try.

Moderators: Christopher Mavros